JetBlue is hiring Flight Attendants for all bases in the United States. JetBlue currently operates five bases for its Crew members: John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), Boston Logan International Airport (BOS), Fort Lauderdale International Airport (FLL), Orlando International Airport (MCO) and Long Beach Airport (LGB).
Inflight Crewmembers are the ambassadors of the JetBlue Experience, delivering high-quality care and service to Customers in-flight. Inflight Crewmembers are responsible for both Safety and Service in the aircraft cabin. They function effectively in a fast-paced, multi-tasking work environment, oftentimes during non-traditional working hours. The Inflight Crewmember is an effective communicator that is comfortable working in an ever-changing environment and whose personal values match JetBlue’s values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion, and Fun.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Diploma
- At least twenty (20) years old
- Two (2) years customer service in a face-to-face environment including proactively resolving Customer issues regularly
- Successfully complete a customer service assessment
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English (and Spanish for Bilingual role)
- Successfully complete a Spanish language fluency assessment for Bilingual role only
- Vision corrected to 20/20
- Successfully complete JetBlue Airways Inflight Training Program, including Initial Training and Annual Continuous Education Programs
- Must have the ability to walk comfortably down the aircraft aisle while facing forward, fit quickly through the over wing exit, and sit in the Flight Attendant jumpseat without modification
- Able to lift up to fifty (50) pounds from the floor to above the shoulders
- Able to reach six feet three inches (6’3”) without shoes
- Able to be away from home for up to five (5) nights and six (6) consecutive days
- Knowledge of basic computer and electronic tablet devices
- Able to read and comprehend guidance as found in required manuals
- Must be able to adhere to JetBlue Inflight Crewmember Uniform Appearance Standards
- Able to work as a team to deliver the JetBlue Experience
- Able to work varying schedules including reserve duty, weekends, evenings, holidays, and last minute drafting
- Able to report within 2 hours of notice to assigned base location: Boston, MA (BOS); New York, NY (JFK); Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL); Orlando, FL (MCO); Long Beach, CA (LGB)
- Currently in possession of a valid passport or equivalent travel documents to freely enter & exit all destinations where JetBlue flies. All passport holders should have a minimum of 6 months validity remaining at the time of application.
- Pass a ten (10) year background check, pre-employment drug test and criminal history records check.
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- One year customer facing sales experience
- Able to function effectively with limited hands-on supervisory guidance
- Possess a strong passion for quality customer service