Voyageur Airways is currently hiring qualified individuals to fill openings for their overseas fleet. The successful candidate will be domiciled overseas at their current bases located throughout Africa on a typical rotation pattern of 8 weeks in / 8 weeks out. Opportunities may also include some domestic charters if applicable.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Performing safety related duties as outlined in established company policies and procedures including safety demonstrations, in-flight announcements, and responding to a broad range of in-flight situations.
- Participating in crew briefings and debriefings.
- Performing pre-flight checks of emergency and safety equipment.
- Liaising with the flight crew to ensure efficient operation of the flight.
- Actively participating in the company’s safety management system including reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations, and understanding, complying with, and promoting the company’s safety culture.
- Consistently delivering friendly, compassionate, and approachable customer service.
- Anticipating and responding quickly to customer needs and requirements.
- Other duties as assigned by the Flight Attendant Manager.
- Completion of high school or equivalent.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- All candidates must possess a valid passport and be able to travel abroad unrestricted. In addition, candidates must also be eligible to work for a Canadian company.
- Preference will be given to candidates fluent in English and French. Additional languages are considered an asset.
- Strong consideration will be given to candidates with previous experience.
Successful candidate will be required to complete the company approved Initial Flight Attendant Training program in accordance with company standards which is approximately three (3) weeks in duration.